The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society.
Today’s Arsenal anniversaries
15 September 1890: Arthur Hutchins born
15 September 1900. James Ashcroft plays v Burton Swifts and every subsequent match for four years. A record.
15 September 1923: Final game for Reginald Boreham
15 September 1953: Having won the league the previous season Arsenal don’t win until 15 Sept, by which time they are bottom of the league
15 September 1971: First European Cup game Stromsgodset IF 1 Arsenal 3
15 September 1993: Odense 1 Arsenal 2. CWC as Arsenal head for a European trophy
15 September 1994: Omoria 1 Arsenal 3 at start of CWC campaign towards the final and start of Wright scoring run of 12 consecutive games
15 September 1997: Paul Shaw transferred to Millwall
15 September 2001: Arsenal beat Fulham away 3-1 to go top of the league. League match 5 of the third Double season.
15 September 2002: Wenger says “We know we can win the league. We know we can be stronger. At this stage last season we were not as good as we are now.”
15 September 2007: A 3-1 win at Tottenham makes it four wins and one draw in the first five games.
15 September 2010: Arsenal beat Braga 6-0, but fail in the return.
15 September 2012: After two goalless draws and a 2-0 win at Liverpool Arsenal beat Southampton 6-1
15 September 2013: Arsenal go top after beating Sunderland away
The Anniversary Files now have over 5000 entries, and are now divided into 12 monthly sections:
- And for contemporary events: Untold Arsenal
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
And beyond football… the team that works on Untold Arsenal also writes and maintains these sites Education
- Going to University
- Teacher News – UK schools from the teachers’ perspective
- UK Education News - rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- School sports minibuses: providing your child’s school with a bus
- Parent News - what is going on in schools these days?
- Edventure Blog – turning school playtime into an educational experience
- The top five of everything to do with schools
Direct marketing …
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- Good Ad: reviews of the best and worst direct advertising there is
- Education Marketing: selling to schools
Staying fit, staying healthy…
- Jiving - a review of the jive clubs of the UK (a new site, but it is growing day by day). The best way to stay fit physically and mentally.
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed way to get fit
- Untold Dylan - the music, the lyrics, the meaning
- Tony Attwood’s own personal website. Just in case you are interested in what Untold’s publisher actually does. And did.
You can already follow your favourite Arsenal players and games online and debate the finer points of the club while you do so, but what about getting even more involved? There are plenty of mobile apps for sports betting and online gaming, such as http://paddypowerapp.com With the mobile app you can play your favourite casino games wherever you are, even on the football pitch. Not recommended for goalkeepers! ——————— Get free bets at www.thebookiesoffers.co.uk and football betting tips at www.football-bets.org.uk ———————————–
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.