The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society.
Today’s Arsenal anniversaries
- 1 September 1893: Kentish Mercury reports Jack Humble had presented the new Manor Ground to the press, with an updated list of Division II fixtures.
- 1 September 1894: John Caldwell debut
- 1 September 1897: First match for Fergus Hunt and Roger Ord
- 1 September 1897: Andy Kennedy who gained two caps for Ireland, born
- 1 September 1898 John Dick first game
- 1 September 1909: Frank Heppinstall first game
- 1 September 1902: Roddy McEachrane first game
- 1 September 1904: First game for Archibald Gray and Charlie Satterthwaite
- 1 September 1909: First match for Frank Heppinstall
- 1 September 1910: Arsenal open new seasfon as per established rules, v Man U.
- 1 September 1910: Alf Common’s first game
- 1 September 1910: Willis Rippon scores on his first match
- 1 September 1914: FA agree that football for the 1914/15 season should continue.
- 1 September 1914: Arsenal play their first league match (v Glossop) as The Arsenal
- 1 September 1914 first game for Frank Bradshaw and Christopher Buckley
- 1 September 1934: First home match for George Allison. Arsenal 8 Liverpool 1. Ted Drake and Ray Bowden each score hattricks.
- 1 September 1934: Jack Crayston first game.
- 1 September 1953: Ted Platt sold to Portsmouth
- 1 September 1970: Arsenal 0 Leeds 0. League match 7 of the first Double season. This was one of only three draws at home that season – every other home league match was won. But after six games played Arsenal were sixth.
- 1 September 1983: Jose Antonia Reyes born.
- 1 September 2001: Greg Lincoln signs for Stevenage Borough
- 1 September 2003: Francis Jeffers loaned to Everton for season
- 1 September 2009: UEFA ban Eduardo for two games “deceiving the referee” in Arsenal’s play-off match against Celtic.
- 1 September 2008 Kieran Gibbs signs a new contract with Arsenal.
The Anniversary Files now have over 5000 entries, and are now divided into 12 monthly sections:
- And for contemporary events: Untold Arsenal
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
And beyond football… the team that works on Untold Arsenal also writes and maintains these sites Education
- Going to University
- Teacher News – UK schools from the teachers’ perspective
- UK Education News - rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- School sports minibuses: providing your child’s school with a bus
- Parent News - what is going on in schools these days?
- Edventure Blog – turning school playtime into an educational experience
- The top five of everything to do with schools
Direct marketing …
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- Good Ad: reviews of the best and worst direct advertising there is
- Education Marketing: selling to schools
Staying fit, staying healthy…
- Jiving - a review of the jive clubs of the UK (a new site, but it is growing day by day). The best way to stay fit physically and mentally.
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed way to get fit
- Untold Dylan - the music, the lyrics, the meaning
- Tony Attwood’s own personal website. Just in case you are interested in what Untold’s publisher actually does. And did.
You can already follow your favourite Arsenal players and games online and debate the finer points of the club while you do so, but what about getting even more involved? There are plenty of mobile apps for sports betting and online gaming, such as http://paddypowerapp.com With the mobile app you can play your favourite casino games wherever you are, even on the football pitch. Not recommended for goalkeepers! ——————— Get free bets at www.thebookiesoffers.co.uk and football betting tips at www.football-bets.org.uk ———————————–
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.