The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society
- 18 April 1903: Arsenal 0 Millwall Athletic 2. The last game against Millwall under its Athletic guise
- 18 April 1914: Arsenal 2 Clapton Orient 2. 35,000 attended – the biggest crowd thus far at Highbury, but the draw means Arsenal are not promoted. It is also the last ever game of Woolwich Arsenal.
- 18 April 1925: Arsenal 5 Burnley 0. Knighton’s last victory. He oversaw two more games (both defeats) and was then sacked.
- 18 April 1927: first league game for Herbie Roberts
- 18 April 1930: Arsenal 1 Leicester 1; relegation looks possible for Chapman
- 18 April 1931: Having come 14th in 1930, Arsenal win the League for the very first time with two games spare, by beating Liverpool 3-1 at home during a 9 match unbeaten run to the end of the season.
- 18 April 1936: Arsenal 1 Villa 0. It is Arsenal’s only win in the last six games of the season and one of only two in the last 14 as the 3 times champions fall from grace.
- 18 April 1953: Arsenal make it five wins in a rows scoring 18 goals to go top of the league.
- 18 April 1960: Last league game for Gordon Nutt
- 18 April 1964: The season ends Liverpool 5 Arsenal 0; two wins in the last 11.
- 18 April 1969: Stefan Schwarz born
- 18 April 1979: Matthew Upton born
- 18 April 1993: Tony Adams drops Steve Morrow as Arsenal win the league cup
- 18 April 1998: Arsenal 5 Wimbledon 0. Arsenal’s first win against the Dons at Highbury in six attempts
- 18 April 2007: David Dein sacked as director of Arsenal
- 18 April 2009: Chelsea 2 Arsenal 1, FA Cup semi final
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
- Woolwich Arsenal: The club that changed football – Arsenal’s early years
- Making the Arsenal – how the modern Arsenal was born in 1910
- The Crowd at Woolwich Arsenal
- Books on Arsenal at a discount
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
And beyond football… the team that works on Untold Arsenal also writes and maintains these sites Education
- Going to University
- Teacher News – UK schools from the teachers’ perspective
- UK Education News - rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- School sports minibuses: providing your child’s school with a bus
- Parent News - what is going on in schools these days?
- Edventure Blog – turning school playtime into an educational experience
- The top five of everything to do with schools
Direct marketing …
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- Good Ad: reviews of the best and worst direct advertising there is
- Education Marketing: selling to schools
Staying fit, staying healthy…
- Jiving - a review of the jive clubs of the UK (a new site, but it is growing day by day). The best way to stay fit physically and mentally.
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed way to get fit
- Untold Dylan - the music, the lyrics, the meaning
- Tony Attwood’s own personal website. Just in case you are interested in what Untold’s publisher actually does. And did.
You can already follow your favourite Arsenal players and games online and debate the finer points of the club while you do so, but what about getting even more involved? There are plenty of mobile apps for sports betting and online gaming, such as http://paddypowerapp.com With the mobile app you can play your favourite casino games wherever you are, even on the football pitch. Not recommended for goalkeepers! ——————— Get free bets at www.thebookiesoffers.co.uk and football betting tips at www.football-bets.org.uk ———————————–
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.