The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society.
Today is the anniversary of the birth of Jack Lambert, one of our greatest ever players, and a man whose life story can be a lesson to us all in terms of how to work to achieve what we have inside us. I hope you can spare a moment to read our tribute to Jack, and a list of all today’s anniversaries in today’s article.
Also on the site: The day Arsenal went to the wall and the man who brought us back
Plus: the real story of the man who scored the first Arsenal goal at Highbury.
Tracing Arsenal’s lost players:
- Ehud Rogers – the Welsh winger whose chances were limited
- The strange case of Jack Lee and Arsenal’s link to Chesterfield.
- The completely mysterious Archibald Low
Arsenal on this day – The major Arsenal events
Please note: The full anniversaries index can be found here.
On this page you will find details of some of our recent research articles, plus details of today’s Arsenal anniversaries, and information on the books on Arsenal that we have published. The AISA Arsenal History Society is dedicated to recording Arsenal’s history in all its detail from all perspectives. If you would like to contribute research or a personal story please do write to Tony.Attwood@aisa.org
Reports on Arsenal’s current activities are on Untold Arsenal
Classic Articles from the Arsenal History Society
- The biggest injury problems ever faced by an Arsenal manager
- Arsenal’s promotion in 1919. At last, the truth
- Exclusive: The interview with George Davie – the man who sued Arsenal and overturned the transfer system.
- The article that led to the creation of the statues at the Emirates Stadium
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.