The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society.
- 30 October 1897: Woolwich Arsenal beat St Albans 9-0 in FA Cup
- 30 October 1909: Man U 1 Arsenal 0; commentaries on the dangers of the pitch. See also here.
- 30 October 1920: Debut of Dr James Paterson
- 30 October 1937: Ray Bowden’s final appearance
- 30 October 1937: Bobby Davidson’s last appearance
- 30 October 1937: Herbie Roberts last appearance, breaking his leg v Middlesbrough
- 30 October 1941: Bob Wilson born
- 30 October 1982: Danny O’Shea first game
- 30 October 1993: Arsenal 0 Norwich 0 – the fourth consecutive goalless draw. Arsenal only scored more than one goal in a league game at Highbury this season in six games.
- 30 October 2009: Guardian reprints old “corrupt Arsenal” story without evidence
- 30 October 2012: Reading 5 Arsenal 7 in league cup. First team ever to score 6+ in consecutive league cup games.
- And for contemporary events: Untold Arsenal
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
- Going to University
- Teacher News – UK schools from the teachers’ perspective
- UK Education News - rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- School sports minibuses: providing your child’s school with a bus
- Parent News - what is going on in schools these days?
- Edventure Blog – turning school playtime into an educational experience
- The top five of everything to do with schools
Direct marketing …
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- Good Ad: reviews of the best and worst direct advertising there is
- Education Marketing: selling to schools
- The Secret Nurse : what is really going wrong with the NHS?
- Jiving - a review of the jive clubs of the UK (a new site, but it is growing day by day). The best way to stay fit physically and mentally.
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed way to get fit
You can already follow your favourite Arsenal players and games online and debate the finer points of the club while you do so, but what about getting even more involved? There are plenty of mobile apps for sports betting and online gaming, such as http://paddypowerapp.com With the mobile app you can play your favourite casino games wherever you are, even on the football pitch. Not recommended for goalkeepers!
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.