Arsenal anniversaries on 12 December…
One of two occasions where the club played two games at once.
- 12 December 1886: Report of score of Arsenal’s first match appears in The Referee – the confirmation that the game actually took place.
- 12 December 1892: Arsenal 3 FG Armitage XI 1
- 12 December 1896: Arsenal 5 Leyton 0 in FA Cup. See also William Fairclough
- 12 December 1896: Arsenal play two games in one afternoon: losing 0-8 to Loughborough in the league. See also Patrick Boylan
- 12 December 1899: Charlie Jones born
- 12 December 1908: 7 months after his move to Arsenal Angus McKinnon plays his first game
- 12 December 1921: Reg Boreham first game – abandoned due to fog!
- 12 December 1946: Ronnie Rooke signed aged 35 from Fulham
- 12 December 1946: David Nelson and Cyril Grant to Fulham
- 12 December 1991: Michael Thomas sold to Liverpool (exact date varies in reports)
- The Anniversary Files: January to June
- The Anniversary Files: July to September
- The Anniversary Files: October to December
- Untold Arsenal
The incomplete index of series on this site….
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- The Anniversary Files: January to June ; July to September ; October to December
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
Other sites from the same team…
- Untold Arsenal
- Referee Decisions - just what are the refs up to this season?
- The Massage Centre, serving Northants and Rutland
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed way to stay fit
Untold Dylan - the music, the lyrics, the meaning
- Parent News - what is going on in schools these days?
- Teacher News – UK schools from the teachers’ perspective
- UK Education News - rolling news service
- School sports minibuses: providing your child’s school with a bus
Looking for a terraced house in Northamptonshire?
The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
Good Ad: reviews of the best and worst direct advertising there is
- Selling to Schools: everything you need, and all you need to know
You can already follow your favourite Arsenal players and games online and debate the finer points of the club while you do so, but what about getting even more involved? There are plenty of mobile apps for sports betting and online gaming, such as http://paddypowerapp.com With the mobile app you can play your favourite casino games wherever you are, even on the football pitch. Not recommended for goalkeepers!
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us. Some citation of sources would be good however, rather than just saying “you’re wrong”.